+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New nymph leader

Hybrid View

Default New nymph leader

I've been trying to figure out how to make my nymph leader in my platinum series leaders. After a few different tries I believe I found it. I absolutely love the third leg leaders performance.

Tight lines
    Brandon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by moonlitflies; 09-19-2015 at 04:15 AM.

What makes it better? I guess I don't understand what the third leg does for performance.

One more thing. This is a site for sharing ideas, including formulas for your leaders. By the looks of your picture, you are trying to promote your commercial business, which is strictly forbidden on this web site.

Moderators, I believe this post should be removed.

Brad
    Last edited by Kaboom1; 09-19-2015 at 03:19 AM.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Remove it Brad that is fine, just really liked it. It's not something I'm selling anyways. The third leg gives you better turnover, energy transfer, and presentation. We are also able to use longer tippet without any problems.
    Last edited by moonlitflies; 09-19-2015 at 04:18 AM.

A 1/3 heaver leader would of course give better turnover but, it would also be a bit more aggressive. Is it actually worth the extra time and material? And why the fluorocarbon tippet?

You may not be selling that leader, but you are a commercial enterprise selling leaders and you are promoting that enterprise with your post. That is not allowed on this site. Any one with half a brain can google moonlit furled leaders and find your site. I did and I have only a quarter of a brain.

I must be off...

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Jack in my opinion yes it's worth the extra time. Why the fc tip because it gives the leader a stiff heavy tip but the body of thread over core of fc addes a combination of both materials throughout the body of the leader making it both supple and powerful.

+ Reply to Thread