+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissin 2014-15 ebook catalog

Hybrid View

Default Nissin 2014-15 ebook catalog

The catalog is of course all in Japanese, except for the front cover, and the labels at the top of each page. I'm posting it mostly because it so well designed it is fun to leaf through. The Tenkara rods are on page 51-52. The top of page 52 however has a misprint as it is labeled Tanago rods. Seiryu rods follow the Tenkara rods, and the various PALS products are on the last pages. There are 92 pages including the back cover page.

It is easy to figure out how to navigate from page to page with the icons in the navigation box at the bottom of the page. It is complete with the sound of paper pages being flipped. And if opened to a page of interest that page alone can be opened in Adobe format in a new browser window. Just click the Adobe icon in the lower left and a popup window opens. Select whether you want the left or the right side page to open in the popup window, then click the Adobe icon in the popup window, and the Adobe page will open in a new browser tab. It is a very well designed ebook.

2014-15 ebook catalog:
    http://www.u-nissin.co.jp/ebook/index.html#page=1

page 51 in pdf:
    http://www.u-nissin.co.jp/ebook/pdf/51.pdf

page 52 in pdf:
    http://www.u-nissin.co.jp/ebook/pdf/52.pdf

fwiw,

D

Thanks for posting this link very nice catalog.

I was hoping someone could help me with something though, perhaps Mr. Stewart will chime in. I really love the rod pictured in the middle of pg 51 between the air stage and zero sum rods. Perhaps someone could translate the information so I can learn a bit more about the rod while I spend time drooling over the picture.

In the mean time I can wish it was a bit warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordieb View Post
    Thanks for posting this link very nice catalog.
    ... I really love the rod pictured in the middle of pg 51 between the air stage and zero sum rods. Perhaps someone could translate the information so I can learn a bit more about the rod while I spend time drooling over the picture. ...
    Hey, glad to read that you found the ebook catalog fun.

Chris can probably give you a lot more detail about it than I can. I think you are looking at this rod. Where you can see a zoomed image of the rod.

The name of the rod seems to be 精魂 別誂 ( seikon betsuatsura ) The best I can squeeze out of it into English is Precision Spirit Custom ( tailored) or Accurate Soul Custom. But that could be, likely is, way off from being an accurate translation.

http://www.u-nissin.co.jp/product/item/id/010090093

It is a rod designed by or designed with the assistance of Hiromichi Fuji, the subject in the previous forum post.

So it is a rod from the Fuji Style Tenkara rod series. And it says something about the rod having a bamboo tone (竹竿調) , (flex ?), with a wood grip with anti-slip shape (translates as machining) . It has a solid rod tip section. With a hand whipped ( ? hand painted? ) bamboo-look finish with ultra fine hologram flake paint particles ( what ever that is) From the price in Japanese Yen, I think it will be a pricey rod.

This is his website:
    http://orange.zero.jp/tenkarakai.wing/kouza/kouza0.htm

The wood handle is listed as Yoshino cypress (cedar) [ 吉野ヒノキ or (吉野桧)].
    http://www.wilsonbroslandscape.com/T...iaYoshino.html

It comes in 2 lengths, 3.25 m & 3.65 m. Collapsed length of 52cm. ( ~ 20.5"). Weight of 80 & 85 grams ( ~ 2.67 oz & 2.84 oz )

Maybe this was of some help with your curiosity about this model rod.

D
    Last edited by dwalker; 01-31-2015 at 11:25 AM.

dwalker's answer and translation were pretty good. The finish is hand painted to look like bamboo.

bamboo-motif.jpg

The "hologram flake particles" are metalflakes in the finish at the section ends.

betsuatsurae-2.jpg

Click the photos for larger images.

The photos are from a different Nissin rod with the same design elements. I have not seen that particular tenkara rod but I understand it is very nice indeed. It is a 5:5 rod, which for Nissin is a soft full flex rod (bamboo flex).

I'ts not cheap, but when you can pay $215 for a Chinese rod designed by a guy with 5 years experience, $240 to $270 is not unreasonable for hand painted rod made in Japan and designed by one of the Japanese masters.

I could try to get you one if you would like.
    Tenkara Bum

You might like the unboxing pictures on this blog post from last July. I believe the blogger is in Taiwan,(Andy Wu), the non-English text I think is Chinese.

One thing he notes is that this rod comes with a rod cap, not the usual rod plug. A detail I did note see mentioned on the Nissin webpage.
    And though I can not be certain from the pictures. It looks like this rod comes with the thick fabric rod sock similar to the Zerosum rod sock. Not a thin fabric rod sock like most rods come with.

Anyway, there are several different views of the rod, with several comments in English. The code number on the rod matches the code number on the U-Nissin webpage making it clear it is the same rod, in the 3.65 meter model.

He compares the rod to the 超飛330 ( Super Fly 330) in some of the pictures that is a rod I am not familiar with. But also goes on to compare it to the Nissin Zerosum rods in some of the text statements.

http://livyatanwu.blogspot.com/2014/...a-rod-365.html

fwiw,

D

Quote Originally Posted by CM_Stewart View Post
    dwalker's answer and translation were pretty good. The finish is hand painted to look like bamboo.

Attachment 13433

The "hologram flake particles" are metalflakes in the finish at the section ends.

Attachment 13434

Click the photos for larger images.

The photos are from a different Nissin rod with the same design elements. I have not seen that particular tenkara rod but I understand it is very nice indeed. It is a 5:5 rod, which for Nissin is a soft full flex rod (bamboo flex).

I'ts not cheap, but when you can pay $215 for a Chinese rod designed by a guy with 5 years experience, $240 to $270 is not unreasonable for hand painted rod made in Japan and designed by one of the Japanese masters.

I could try to get you one if you would like.
    Thanks for the reply Mr. Stewart I would love to have one of the 3.65m ones if you are capable of geting one.

Just let me know when it arrives.

Thank you,

Gordieb
    Last edited by Gordieb; 02-06-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordieb View Post
    Thanks for the reply Mr. Stewart I would love to have one of the 3.65m ones if you are capable of geting one.
    Just let me know when it arrives.
    Gordieb
    Just curious, and it's been a couple of months. Were you able to obtain this rod? If yes. Did it meet expectations for finish, feel, etc.?

Dr Ishigaki writes about what I call the Double-3s of tenkara. Or Tenkara-33.
    Tenkara is : rod, line, and fly.

And that a tenkara rod must balance three functions and do each of them well:
    cast the line, hook the fish, and land the fish.

Therefore, the question is how does this rod meet the requirements of the second-3 ? If it was ordered and delivered.

Tnx,
    D

+ Reply to Thread