+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bamboo Project Rod

Default Bamboo Project Rod

I have built graphite fly rods in the past, and currently interested in trying bamboo without investing a considerable amount of money in equipment, blanks, etc. Has anyone purchased a project rod from Michael Longuil? [url=http://mysite.verizon.net/bamboo.mike/index.html:f4093]http://mysite.verizon.net/bamboo.mike/index.html[/url:f4093]

"Bamboo" Mike is a good man, can be trusted and has a lot of bamboo. Talk to Chris (tyflier) as he just got one from him I believe...a post in the past week or so about that from him I think.

mike is indeed a good guy. he refinished a couple rods for me and i bought a nice vintage heddon #17 8-footer from him.

i happened to stop in his shop the other day and he has some project rods and i was considering buying and refinishing one.

don't know if i'll have the time, though (new baby at home).

i don't know what you're looking for, but he had a pretty nice heddon #17 8 1/2, 3/2 rod that needs refinishing. all sections looked to be of proper length, but one tip looked like it had a repair wrap.

give him a buzz... if you happen to live anywhere nearby, he may suggest that you just stop over and look at what he's got.

very good man and next time i see him i'm going to ask him if he would consider holding a class for rod refinishing.

best of luck,

rjj

+ Reply to Thread