+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What color thread on Rainshadow blanks?

Default What color thread on Rainshadow blanks?

I am looking to build a 4 pc. 4 wt on the Rainshadow RX7+ blank and I was wondering what color you guys would suggest for use on this "Chestnut Gloss Brown" blank. If anyone has a picture of a rod similar to this color it would be great if you could post it. Thanks for the help guys.

The color of YOUR choice....thats all part of the fun in building a rod as YOU, Want it to be......

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

If the color is close to the tiger eye blank I like to use candy apple red. Here are some pics of a 10 ft 8/9 tiger eye I built for fall greatlakes salmon.

Bill I know that I can do whatever color thread I choose. I was asking for opinions on what others liked and thankfully ridderbos gave a beautiful example of a brown rod with red wraps that really looks good to me. I was leaning to red in the first place and that rod really looks sharp. Did you use color preserver on those wraps or let it bleed to blend into the rod. I would assume you used a preserver to get that bright color. Great looking rod.

I have also used red on brown and it came out looking really well. I did a darker crimson color with white trim bands and it came out looking really sharp. You can also get decent colors out of NCP thread.

Red Dawg, I think green would look good.

Why not try a few different colors at the end where the reel seat will cover them. That way you can see exactly what they look like. You can try some with CP and some without.

------------------
    Joe

I used color preserver on regular nylon size "A" thread, not the ncp thread.

john

+ Reply to Thread