+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Edge Angling Co - Middletown, RI??

Question Edge Angling Co - Middletown, RI??

Has anyone dealt with Edge Angling?

I'm having a problem with them. Back in November, I placed an order with them for crosscut rabbit strips to the tune of $108. I never received the order. In early December, I contacted them and inquired about the status of the order - they responded that the order had shipped, and that the tracking number shows that it had been delivered on Nov 19th. It certainly was not delivered to my address.

I have since contacted them 6 times to ask for their assistance - haven't received a single reply. I'm really getting frustrated, and don't know what to do from here.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Edge Angling, or another supplier? Any suggestions on how best to proceed from here?

I'm appreciative of any response/suggestions you can provide. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Bob H.
    Southern Maryland

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Hi Bob and welcome to FAOL.

I'm a little confused here. The Tracking number - did they supply that number to you? Or are you saying they haven't yet replied with that info?
    Sounds like this has all been via email.
    If so, try calling them...

It seems to me that someone needs to contact the carrier ( U.P.S. - U.S.P.S. - Fed Ex, etc. ) for proof of delivery and then if need be, submitting a claim, if the package was insured.

If they won't respond and if you paid with a credit card, I know I'd be calling my card company p.d.q. If you can get the card company to reverse the charges, I'd bet the vendor will be trying to get a hold of you, rather than you trying to get a hold of them.

Good luck with this, Dave

NewTyer 1 Guest

If the phone call does not work or the stop payment either, send a certified letter to them explaining your next legal action. That might just light a fire under thier butts. Also, did they ever provide you with the tracking number? if so, contact the carrier, if not ask them for it and check it out yourself. If it says it has been delivered and you never received it, then it is up to the person shipping the package to start the claim, you can't

NewTyer 1 Guest

One other thing. I would be keeping written records of when you sent e-mails, talked to them, date, time, and who spoken too. This way you have a paper trail and can also march it up to your phone bill

Bob, First welcome to the board. You slipped in here pretty quietly, must be a retired F-117 pilot.

I hate being a cloud but there was a lot of pre-Christmas news about theives taking packages from people's front door. A UPS driver was caught stealing a FedEx delivered package.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Thank you for your responses, and the Welcome.

As things turned out, the problems I had were largely my fault. During the pereiod mid-November - late-December, I've had issues with my email client, which led to several changes. What I didn't realize is that each change resulted in a different 'from' email address. The emails that I sent to Edge Angling came from different addresses, confusing their server into thinking that they were from different folks.

Secondly, each of the emails that I sent out were in reply to the email that I received early on from Peter G., thereby circumventing the 'support system' on their web page.

Yesterday I spoke with Peter; he was very helpfum and apologetic. He has assured me that the order will be re-shipped as soon as thay can restock several of the items. Consequently, my confidence in Edge Angling has been reaffirmed.

Thanks again! Cheers, Happy New Year, and Tight Lines!

Bob Hendry
    Southern Maryland

NewTyer 1 Guest

Very glad to hear. I am from not to far from Middletown originally and I bet they talked funny, just like me.

even when you write it is funny scott, like ya got granite in your mouth....lol
    sandfly/bob
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215
    I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing ghillie..

NewTyer 1 Guest

That's funny. Glad you can p/u on the accent even in my writing. It took me 50 years to get it and I refuse to give it up for the south. Still heavy and have lived here since 2001

+ Reply to Thread