+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lazy tenkara fisher

Hybrid View

Default Lazy tenkara fisher

Needs idea to keep line from tangling when I put it away. I suppose everyone just takes it off? Is there a better way than just winding it up?

Blog Entries

Hence the reason they invented the reel

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Wow I left that open, didn't I?

Maybe one of these?

http://www.tenkarausa.com/blog/?cat=634

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Karen -

I just disconnect the line / leader and wind it on an empty tippet spool. Those nice little stretchy bands that come on most tippet spools keep the line where you wind it. I thought about sending you a couple with the rod and lines, but they wouldn't fit in the tube and I thought they might get mixed up with the packing if I just stuck them in the box.

Another idea is the "ez keepers" which let you leave the line attached and wound right on the rod. I'd use them, but I don't have a store nearby to buy them, and I really don't like to pay S&H on small, inexpensive items like that.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks for the ideas, will try both. Thanks for getting me started, John, I'm going to enjoy this.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Did you spin the line on the holder or roll it. They say you should hold the spool and spin the line on it instead of rolling it on. Or do you not have a line holder. If you use level line, it comes on a line holder. I do like the wooden ones and would love to buy a couple of them.

[Another idea is the "ez keepers" which let you leave the line attached and wound right on the rod. I'd use them, but I don't have a store nearby to buy them, and I really don't like to pay S&H on small, inexpensive items like that.QUOTE=JohnScott;459437]

John -- A solution to the S&H problem with EZ Keepers is to include a pair with your next order of anything (rods, flies, caps, lines, etc.) from Tenkara Bum; S&H on the EZs will, in effect, be free . ~Paul

Karen -

I just disconnect the line / leader and wind it on an empty tippet spool. Those nice little stretchy bands that come on most tippet spools keep the line where you wind it. I thought about sending you a couple with the rod and lines, but they wouldn't fit in the tube and I thought they might get mixed up with the packing if I just stuck them in the box.

Another idea is the "ez keepers" which let you leave the line attached and wound right on the rod. I'd use them, but I don't have a store nearby to buy them, and I really don't like to pay S&H on small, inexpensive items like that.

John[/QUOTE]

Paul -

Next time you put in an order somewhere that has the ez keepers, get a pair for me. I'll be happy to reimburse you, including normal USPS mailing cost.

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread