+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pretty Water Lake, Sapulpa OK

Hybrid View

Allright AllenOK,

You and I should get together and give some of the 'local' lakes a go. I recently have found myself in B'ville, and am still trying to figure out where to go and what I might encounter. (Besides chiggers, that is. ) I have only been hitting some of the city ponds up here, but I would love to get into some wipers/stripers and such.

Thanks for sharing the videos! Looks liek you are doing great and having a ball, and THAT is what counts.
    Don Rolfson

Don, do you have a boat?

If yes, check out Copan and/or Hudson, to the north-west of B'ville. Birch Lake, near Barnsdall, is supposed to have some decent Smallies and Hybrids. Skiatook Lake has a huge population of Kentucky (Spotted) bass that need thining; they aren't terribly big, but they are plentiful and fight well.

If you're wading or pounding a bank, I don't really have an idea, other than the lakes I've already mentioned. The rip-rapped dam of Skiatook Lake is a popular hangout for bank fishermen.

AllenOK,

I just recently got my hands on a kayak. I have not even had it on the water yet. Does that count as a boat?

I am hoping to hit Copan and Skiatook and Hulah in the near future, but probably after the holiday at this point.

Good luck!
    Don Rolfson

What kind of yak did you get? I've got a Perception Search 13. It gets me to where I want to be.

If you have Google Earth on your pc, start looking in your area.

About a mile north-east of Hudson is Bar-Dew Lake. I don't know if it has public access or not.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Nice area to setup but, catching those small fish would seem like a bother to me. By the way, don't you know you are supposed to wipe your hands on you clothes so wife/girlfriend or both actually believe you caught fish? Looks like a nice lake. I would have liked to see a pan shot of it. You look like you were having a good time there.

+ Reply to Thread