On the Frontier 12, they have made the floor space a lot wider and you can just step into it and sit down. To get out, all you need to do is stand up and step out. On the older models, you had to step up on the side which would cause it to tilt but never flip over. I doubt very much if one person could ever flip it completely over. Once it tips to the side it just stops and becomes very stable. With the new model Frontier 12 this is no longer an issue. You can stand up and walk back and forth from the front to the rear with no balance problems. You will notice in the videos that one guy just stepped off the dock into the Frontier 12 and sat down. The Frontier 12 is just a great boat! As far as loading it onto the top of a vehicle, I have no experience because I just slide it into the back of my Nissan Frontier. At the end of the day I just insert the Transporation Cart into the hole in the back, pick up the front of the boat and pull it up to the truck and sit the front of the boat on the tailgate. Go to the back of the NuCanoe, pick up the back and slide it into the truck and I am good to go. I wish I could provide information on loading it on to the top of a vehicle, but, that is something I have not had to do. I would suggest that you find a dealer somewhere that would allow you to demo the boat and that should answer all your questions. From what you stated and need from a boat, you will love the Frontier 12 as far as getting into and out of it! It is very stable and a whole lot more comfortable to spend a day in and I know you will really enjoy it. The loading onto the top of your vehicle will be the only thing you will need to research. If you can find a dealer that will let you demo it, you will really see just how great this boat is and you might check into a small trailer which would take care of the loading/unloading problem. You would not need a boat ramp because you can use the Transportation Cart to wheel it to the water and back to the trailer.

I have no problems suggesting that you demo one because this Frontier 12 is unbelieveable for paddling, handling, standing and stability! Matter of fact, I just got off the phone with Blake at NuCanoe and placed my order for the Frontier 12. They will start shipping them late January and I am excited about getting mine. I have plans to use the Frontier 12 more in my local lakes as well on my rivers.