Thread: 12wt line fs & 12wt blank,case and used line

Threaded View

Default 12wt line fs & 12wt blank,case and used line

Blank SOLD
    Still have line

USPO MO Only

Scientific Anglers Mastery Series Tarpon line WF-12-F Never put on a reel still in original box retailed for $72.00.
    $40.00 shipped

A Redington NTiQ Quarts Rod Blank 9 foot 3pc 12wt great strong and gorgeous tarpon stick. I wrapped the middle section at the furrel only with black size a Gudabrod thread and coated it with epoxy lightly tainted with glitter dust, looks cool I can take it off if you want or I can include the epoxy glitter dust for you to do the rest. The rod when bought from Redington with all the components retailed for $725.00 and that was darn near 9 years ago, and has received suburb ratings across the board.
    DB DUNN padded dual rod and reel case almost new shape. Sized for two 9 foot 3 pc rods with reels attached. New I think it was close to $70.00 plus shipping. Included with rod blank above. and I will through in rod wrapping thread for it and the epoxy glitter. To top it off i have included a used 12 wt wf line in real good shape.
    $85.00 shipped

About the blank
    Rugged!!!!! This blank was made in New Zealand, by Composite Developments and is definitely high end. The Nano Quartz blanks are VERY, VERY high modulus rods, with very fast actions. Below is some info I found on the web.

Casting performance wise, the Nano Ti is fantastic for those who like a fast action, rather stiff, and fast recovery rod, The Nano Quartz got a considerable amount of praise by some of the better known salt water anglers (quite a few posts on Dan Blanton's website).

The Nano Quartz has a coating of a Quartz that boosts durability considerably. It definitely solved the breakage problem and was getting a great reputation as a really fast action, powerful rod that can take a beating. The down sides were increased weight (the quartz adds a good bit of weight to the blank, and maybe some extra stiffness too) and a very high cost (something that many in the US can't justify paying for a "overseas" rod).Being it is a salt water specialty rod, the weight increase isn't that much of an issue and is well worth the trade off for durability.

The quartz coating makes these blank very unique looking. The blanks are unsanded spiral finish, with a bluish gray opaque look to it. Very different in both look and feel from most blanks for sure.
    If you are looking for a salt water rod for fishing the flats, or from a boat, the Nano Quartz is a GREAT rod that will excel at the roughest salt water conditions and biggest fish you can throw at it. Basically, it's a BEAST made for lifting BIG fish up from the depths (I read that the 10wt can dead lift a 35lbs weight off the floor), casting HEAVY heads. It?s not a rod that I would choose for lighter freshwater applications though. There are many lighter, less expensive, and more enjoyable (more feel) rods to fish with if you don't actually "need" a bullet proof coating on your rod. Most conditions obviously don't require such a thing, so I wouldn't want a rod like this unless I was fishing in some nasty conditions (salmon/steelhead fishing maybe, and salt water angling).

Here is a link to a review of the 8wt Nano Quartz you may find interesting, [
    www.tackletour.com] and do a search for Redington and you will see an article about this rod
    Basically, the Nano Quartz is an exceptional casting and big fish fighting tool, but is only really suited to certain conditions. If you are using it in those conditions, chances are you will be EXTREMELY impressed with its casting and lifting power, as well as it's durability, and the extra weight will feel like a minor issue, but if you are like most of us who fish more in freshwater, it?s probably not the kind of rod you should be looking at unless you are say a salmon/steelhead fisherman and clamber around on 1/2 frozen river beds chasing BIG fish in moving water. The Nano Quartz' strange look, extra weight, and extremely high price are sure to turn off many anglers, especially those looking for a lighter medium to medium fast action freshwater rod or something.
    You can't compare a rod like this to a Sage XP or Loomis GLX for example because they are VERY different rods and not made for the same conditions. The Nano Quartz is all about casting power (rather than feel or precision), lifting power, and extreme durability for a high modulous graphite rod, and is made specifically for tough salt water conditions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Carp; 04-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Tight Lines & Wet Nets

Rick Federation