As most of you know I have been battling type II diabetes for a while now. Was really keeping it under control with diet and hiking/walking/mountain biking. Then along comes the runaway thyroid. Seems it may have pushed me over the top into type I diabetes. My numbers have gone up to spike at times over 400 and staying in the 200-300 range for glucose.

Doc says I am this is why I am tired and is complicated by recovering from the thyroid issues. Makes sense because the body needs to burn that glucose for energy and I am not burning it. So yesterday we started using insulin to try to get me going again. She says if we are lucky then I will be able to come back off of the insulin once we get things under control but be ready to be on it the rest of my life just in case. I told her I don't mind having to take insulin the rest of my days if that is what it takes to help me stay healthy. Like I told her there is no sense in denying it better to face it head on, right now then have to deal with it much worse, later on.

They have me using one of the injector pens, Levemir it is. Really easy, painless to use. I would normally be at work at this time of the morning but I am not used to my blood sugar being low again so I am having a little issue adjusting today. That's life. Not feeling sorry for myself or anything. Just rambling on a bit here and hopefully since diabetes is getting so widespread now my postings will help someone else in the fight against this disease.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Eric