Are you ready to go?

Is your gear ready?

Have you scouted your area?

Is your stand good?

Are you ready to go?

I don't mean mentally.

I mean are you going to be one the opening weekend statistics? The Great White Hunter? The guy that sits behind a desk all year and only goes in to the woods once a year. Dressed with heavy clothing and really heavy boots. The predicted low for opening morning for me is 19 degrees.

Are you going to drag that huge buck you shot any distance? Are you still pumped up about the huge buck you just shot?

Don't be another statistic!

Being prepared for deer hunting is more than gear and scouting. The HUNTER needs to be physically sound and able to handle what is about to come.

At age 40 years old my father shot a nice buck and had a heart attack and died.

For many years I did not hunt. I am going back to hunting again after a 6 year hiatus .

I have been walking 5 miles a day for the last 3 months.

About six years ago my wife started to nag me about going to the doctor. She said with my family history I needed to be able to hunt. My wonderful wife Barb scheduled a physical for me and has for the last 6 years.

That initial physical showed that I had high blood pressure and my cholesterol was way too high. I have both under control now.

The HUNTER needs to be physically sound and able to handle what is about to come.

Don't be another statistic!