+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disney Second Week of September, suggestions?

Default Disney Second Week of September, suggestions?

hi Guys,

I will be at Disney with the family this coming september. I will not be staying at Disney so I would like to explore the local area. Are there any canals near that area that have fish in the? I was hoping to find some peakcock bass. I figured the wife could drop me off in the morning while she heads off or I could rent a bike and ride around.

I do not have much money left over to me for a day of guided fishing, so I will be solo.

Thanks,

Andrew

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

I don't think you'll be finding Peacock Bass in Orlando. The canals they hang out in are a bit farther south. But, should you choose to talk to the experts in that area, get ahold of .....

http://www.orlandooutfitters.com/

Or if you're a facebook fan ....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Orland...s/228911536749

There are a LOT of lakes nearby that you could do well in. Just ask the staff there at Orlando Outfitters. I just bet they give you some good info.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to check them out. I read on their site that they will set you up with a map and some access points. I'd rather drop a couple of hundred bux in the store and come home with something tangible that I can re-use (maps, flies, etc).

Thanks again,

andrew

The Mudhole is in the Orlando area there are probably a few fisherman on staff there and there's a big Bass Pro Shop in Orlando. I have generally found the fly shops in the BPS stores to be staffed by knowledgeable fisherman who will share info readily. I will try to get in touch with a friend in Orlando and see if he has any advice on where to go. Maybe this will help.

Lakes page
    A Florida Fishing License may be required to fish in Orlando's lakes. For more information contact Fish Orlando! at 1601 Scotty's Road Kissimmee, Florida, 34744; call 407-846-5300; or visit their website, www.myfwc.com/fishing/fishorlando.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 06-29-2010 at 05:28 PM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Thanks Jesse, much appreciated! If you're ever up Toronto way, give me a buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by ashm70 View Post
    Thanks Jesse, much appreciated! If you're ever up Toronto way, give me a buzz.
    It's been awhile but you can never tell, there is a lot of very good looking water up there. I remember going over to Peterborough when I was working for Holiday Inn. That's beautiful up there and you have those long toothy fish I have always wanted to give a try.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

There are no Peacock Bass in Orlando, but a lot of very big largemouth bass. Here is a link to Orlando Parks Fishing page, although a lot of the secondary links on that page do not work. Use the "Lakes page" link and that will take you to a secondary index which does work. It gives good info on each lake.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/public_...er/fishing.htm
    You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

My attorney went on a trip to there. I think she booked her trip through "Disney", based on what she explained, they got water, boats and guides.

Talk to the folks at Orlando Outfitters, they can help you out.

Hi everyone,

It's been a VERY long time since I have posted here. Hoping I can help some.

Orlando Outfitters is definitely the place to go. They have great staff who happily share their wealth of local knowledge.

No peacocks in Orlando (except for the actual bird), but you would be hard pressed to find a better largemouth fishery.

Good luck,
    Ed

+ Reply to Thread