I started smoking when I was 12. I was that kid sneaking cigs from aunts uncles etc etc. I quit 3 years ago. I quite cold turkey. I waited until I had a decent flu with a sore throat. I never smoked during a flu or a cold anyway. Day three came and went and day 4. etc etc. I knew I was serious about quitting when 2 weeks after quitting smoking my brand new car got into an accident. I would have smoked a pack right there an then but didn't break.

I haven't had a cigarette or a cigar since then. NOTHING. I feel better. I don't have the nagging little cough, I can walk up stairs without feeling a compression in my chest, or my vein in my head popping haha etc.

some negatives to quitting smoking.... food tastes AMAZING.... any food... and you will try and sample all foods lol. I gained like 25 pounds (which was a good thing from my skinny self before lol) but just realize that you have never tasted food so delicious in your life.

also, Sometimes a craving comes up bad, and I want a cigarette. still. Mentally it's there. Like when I watch an old western, a WWII movie, etc etc. it's hard, but WORTH IT...

I was spending 240+ a month at the time in cigarettes. the way I figure it.... that's $240 dollars worth of Fly gear I was burning... or $2,880 dollars in a year that could go towards a sweet all inclusive trip to belize

Best of luck everyone!