+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orvis Henry's Fork Rod

Default Orvis Henry's Fork Rod

I was wanting to hear ya'lls opinions on the Orvis Henry's Fork rods or any other rods in the Superfine series. Thanks

------------------
    -Brandon

In general, the Superfine series are great rods. I have never fished the Henry's Fork model but I know a lot of people like it. I like the Far and Fine model (5-weight) and the 8' 6-weight Trout model a lot.

I have the Far and Fine, MY opinion of the Henry's Fork is it is too much rod for the flex. Very, very slow, hard to handle. I like the full flex though, I also have the Trout Bum and the 1 ounce 4wt, plus my Battenkill 3 pc 7' 4 wt.

I am a relative newcomer to the Superfine series. I have a 7/11 4 wt. Its a soft rod I have to slow down my stroke to fish it, a delicate rod.

The Far and Fine is one of the greatest rods ever conceived in the history mankind.

I have never cast a Henry's Fork.

I feel about the same with the 7/11 (too much rod for the flex) That is why I bout the Trout Bum. But, I did get to try them both out first.

So if you guys were going to get a Superfine rod what would you get the Far and Fine? Thanks for all the replies

------------------
    -Brandon

The Far and Fine is not a distance rod. To lawn cast the rod it seems just average but fishing it is where it really shines. It is the best rod I have ever fished on small to med. sized cricks. It does everything I ask it do.

Far and Fine is a great river rod as mentioned in the posts above. I use mine if I know that I am going to be in 20"+ fish (as apposed to my full flex four weights). I also have used mine on my kick boat and caught a 28" cutt on a deep nymph chironomid, along with some big bluegill. The rod will do what ever you want it to. It might look like it is going to break, but, it is stronger than you think. I cast well with it too on rivers, but I do use very small flies (30's and 32's).

The 7/11 is a good rod as well. It is a small fly, light tippet rod designed for "whisper" fishing. I don't believe it is "to much rod for the flex". It just has a different application.
    It is not the all-round rod the FnF is.

So do you guys think the Far and Fine rod is a more all around rod or the Henry's Fork? Thanks

------------------
    -Brandon

+ Reply to Thread