I bought a gatti pa 3 piece 9ft 8wt a few years ago.This was a factory made rod that a friend of mine recommended for a discount price.I've only used the rod about a dozen times in the three years I've owned it.The second time I used the rod I was throwing streamers for steelhead and the fly hit the rod tip and broke it.I called Gatti in Montana and they said that the warranty was good for only one unconditional repair.
They fixed the rod,which took forever to get back from Italy,for free.Last week I broke my tip again while steehead fishing.I'm not sure how it broke,but when I went to cast the tip was just dangling.I called up gatti to see how much it would cost to get it fixed and they said it would be 176.00 to fix the tip.I only paid 280.00 for the rod.I think this is one of the worst warranties on the market.Has anyone one else had any problems with gatti rods braking?There is no way I would ever buy another gatti again.The company won't stand behind there product.With sage,scott.loomis,winston.tfo,all good companys that stand behind there product,I can't see how gatti stays in business.I've asked a few guide friends of mine about gatti and they said they never heard of them.If anyone has had a good or bad experiences please let me know.
thanks,lucky strike