+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albright GP fly rod

Default Albright GP fly rod

I would like to here from the people how have/had or who has cast one? Are they nice? Any info would help. Thanks, Travis

I had a GP 9' 7/8 weight and liked the way it cast very much. I didn't have any use for an 8 weight so I sold it. Now I'm sorely tempted to get the 9' 4 piece, 5/6 weight.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I have the 3/4 weight and really enjoy the way it casts. They also seemed to be finished well. I have mine matched with one of the Bugatti Reels which is a nice little reel also.

Rick

Flyfish4troutguy Guest

I had the GP 7/8 10' rod. Reason I sold it was that I do not need now, being a Snowbee field staff now/
    It was a great rod, I could fish light tippets on it for steelhead, which was my general purpose for the rod. Handled big flies, and indicator fishing really well. I think I paid like $40 bucks for it went it went on sale or something in that nature. I definatley got the moneys worth as I have landed bass, carp, pike, steelies on it.
    Really worked it hard and it kept going. If you like 2 peice rods then for the price you cannot go wrong.
    The line I enjoyed most on it was the Airflo Ridge. It matched that rod really nice and I tried about 6 different line on her.

Mike

GP 7/8. Very nice rod that I use for bass and eventually, steelhead. Casts well. Nice finish. I'd buy more.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread