Here's something different. This rod is actually one for myself

I've had this build planned for about 6 months now and wanted to use it on vacation for some of those spots were there's no room for a backcast with a fly rod. But just haven't had a chance to build anything for myself due to customer rods....customers have to come first. But finally got to this build last night and just finished it with a whole 5 hrs to spare before I head up to the Au Sable this afternoon for 15 days. Nothing like cutting it close!

The blank is a blank I got from Randy (Bigdadyrods) Thanks Buddy!..and is a 12'6" Medium/light action blank. The reel seat is a FUJI Cobra woven reel seat. Grips I turned out of all Lamar exotic and brown burl cork with some red foam trim accents. Did it in a split grip design and then wrapped the exposed section of blank with Gudebrod Classic Twist red&black thread and then did a spiral over wrap over the classic twist. Guides are all full Titanium framed gold inserted guides and are wrapped in matching classic twist thread with gold spiral wraps and double silver&gold trim bands. Used a total of 14 guides on this one so it should cast very well.

I normally fly fish 95% of the time but with this rod I should be able to really reach out there and touch someone at a distance when I need to with the 12'6" length.

Steve