+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jeopardy

Hybrid View

From : http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/f...ms_obit_Becher

Jack Gartside, a noted fly-tier and author of many angling books, said he lived a dry-fly cast away from Fenway Park in the 1950s when Williams and heavyweight boxer Jack Sharkey were demonstrating flycasting at a sportsman's show in Boston.

"They had this beautiful babe in a bikini at one end of the casting pool with a cigarette in her mouth and Ted would try to knock it out of her mouth," said Gartside. "He always did it." When Williams tied flies at a table between casting demonstrations, Gartside was fascinated.

"I wormed my way up to the table and asked if he'd show me how to tie a fly," said Gartside. "They sat me down at the vise. Ted went though the motions to show me how to tie a woolly worm."

Answer: This person was the "Fly Fishing Advisor" for the Movie: "A River Runs Through It." ('92')

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I know this one. But still know answer so I wont ruin it...

Question: Who is John Bailey?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105265/fullcredits - Scroll down to "Other Crew"

Answer: This is the River that was the setting for Mark Twain's Novel: "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." (1884)

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Q - What is the mighty Mississippi

A - Lake formed when the Mississippi flow backwards as a result of an earthquake in 1812.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 04-15-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Q: What is Reelfoot Lake

A: This Louisiana fly fisher is known for flies such as "The Calcaseu Pigboat" and "The Cajun Coachman"
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Question: Who is Tom Nixon?

Answer: This famous fly fisher is known as the "Father of Saltwater Fly Fishing". He started promoting C&R in 1964. His Mentor was Joe Brooks.

Doug

+ Reply to Thread