+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1mm/1.5mm Tippet Rings-Where to Buy?

Hybrid View

Default 1mm/1.5mm Tippet Rings-Where to Buy?

I was unable to find where to buy 1mm and 1.5mm tippet rings in the US. All I could find was either out of the UK....or in the US only 2mm. I do not want to purchase from the UK. I did once and my e-mail ID was spread to every spammer on the planet.

Jim,
    I think the ones I use are 2mm, and I got them from Feather Craft. Somewhere back in one of the thread about rings, Jack posted somewhere to get them for less than what the are at FC, but I haven't been able to locate it ... yet.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Here is another source for the rings, but, none in the sizes you are looking for:

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/...words&start=12
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren,
    That's where I purchased my 2mm rings. And I like them. Not necessarily cheap....but for some reason it said I got a $5 discount off! Happy with that. But he does not have anything smaller. Are the nickle plated ones better than the jewelry silver ones?

BTW...haven't had time to try suggested methods to dull tippet ring's brigtness. But....soaked one in lemon juice for three days. Absolutely no affect on the shiny ring. I'm in a small town not near a big city. Won't be able to get selenium to try for awhile....unless I find it on a website. I might try the pharmacy or photo section of Walgreens.

Jim
    Last edited by Gemrod; 08-26-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add to message

Ya gotta think "carp"!

Wacker Baits carries several sizes, including 1.5mm. I can't post the direct link, but go to www.wackerbaits.com and click on WackerBaits.com at the top.

Then, click on "Tackle" at the left of the screen. Then, click on "Rigs and accessories - swivels, rings & clips".

Scroll down the page until you see the rings, item # RB359010-s.

If you ever want to try an English shop, check out www.tackleshop.co.uk

I know the owner (Mike Stone) and have ordered from him before. He's a good guy.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 08-26-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Blog Entries

Wow 1 mm and 1.5 are tiny, I ordered some 1.5 mm ones back when that uber long Furling thread was started. They were too small for even a 6/0 thread furled leader. I couldn't use them because I couldn't thread them onto my 6/0 uni thread leaders. I cannot remember where I ordered them from. The brand is Roman Moser , I just checked Google and they are German made. I did order them from somewhere in the states. The info is on that long long furling thread but I cannot locate it on faol. I thought it was JS Stockard but I checked and they only have the 2mm and up.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

These guys have the 2mm rings (smallest they carry). They are made by Roman Moser.

http://www.anglersupplyhouse.com/sho....asp?itemid=84

FWIW, Nighthawk lives really close to this place. Maybe he'll know if they have the smaller ones in stock at the shop.......
    Last edited by Heritage Angler; 08-27-2008 at 11:43 PM.

DB4
    Thanks for info. Well done. I was able to go straight to the 1.5mm rings Teflon coated. That eliminates the glare which I would prefer. However $6.99 for ONE not counting shipping is a bit too spendy for me. Wow.

As far as the UK goes.....I have been there. Toured London, London Dungeon, Trafalgar Square, Tower Of London....rode the busses and the tubes....unfortunately the busses have been eliminated.

So I don't have anything against the UK or the Brits. When I purchased a reel from Yorkshire Anglers....I started getting solicitations from about 6 different fishing business's from the UK. It may not have been Yorkshire that exposed me to the world....but it HAD to be them that shared my information with other UK companies. So either Yorkshire...or one of the other companies they shared my info with ...... somehow I was then exposed to the world. The spam started from all over the world. Once I was exposed to the world....the spammers in the US got ahold of me. It was pretty bad. I myself will just fill my needs from US suppliers. I should be able to fill my needs here. I actually changed ISP's to get away from it all. Course I had NO spam before...so when it did come the contrast was huge.

Thank you for the advice though. I am sure Mr. Stone is a fine guy. I really hate to taint the idea of ordering from the UK...but on the other hand I owe it to FAOL to share my bad experience. Maybe help others. If there was a statement stating "we protect and do not share you're info"....I would still order from the UK.

Jim

Thanks again for your help.

+ Reply to Thread