+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale Board

Hybrid View

Default For Sale Board

Where did all the Junior members come from all of a sudden....at one time this year? Well....there are too many pages of for sale items now. I wish the heck somebody would delete the posts that are no longer active. I think people that do not follow instructions and get their post deleted.....should not be allowed to post for sale's again. Geeeeze

Just an FYI....for all of you that do not have any information in your profile....especially the "new Junior" members....don't expect me to send any money your way for any product. I buy a lot off the for board. But if you have nothing showing you even exist....for all I know you don't. You may not be in the United States.....you may not be at all. I for one am not sending my money out that way. And no I don't use paypal. I have no desire to be filing claims with paypal.

If I can't trust whom I am buying from.....I am not sending my money away.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

yep, gotta love it.

You dont know me, I can't be bothered to contribute to the board or fill out a complete profile, never talked to anyone here before. Send me $500.00

Yea Right.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Gemrod,

We are doing our bestss to keep things pared down by deleting sold items as soon as the items are reported sold. There is also the automatic paring at the 30 day mark.

Newbies selling on the first post with an incomplete profile is their choice, just as it is yours not to buy from them.

REE

what i find strange is when a "newbie" is selling on here and there are all kind of comments from other "newbies" on how great the product is and so forth. it almost seems like they are all the same person trying to instill confidence to buy the product. it makes me very wary of a transaction with them.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Ree
    Before the automatic feature there would be maybe 3 pages of for sale stuff. I bought a lot of things off the for sale board. It is the first place I go on the site. Since the auto delete in 30 days...NOBODY bothers to send a notice to you their item is sold. It was bad enough before the auto feature. There were only two people who used to get their for sale posts deleted immediately. I remember for sure akalooker ALWAYS got his stuff removed. Now nobody does. You are doing your best to get things removed? Try going through the for sale board and find out how many sales say sold....pls delete...on ebay (and end date is long past). Many people sell their item and never even bother to post it's sold. They just let it go. You check into a current for sale item and find out it's been sold for weeks. Why don't you just go through the for sale board....check EVERY for sale post and delete the out of date ones....if you are doing your best. It is far from good enough.

There are as we speak....29 pages of for sale items for a total of 572 "for sale" posts.
    How much of that do you think is current? What's your chances of finding something that you are interested in.....and it STILL being available? Oh, well. I can ignore it. I just look at the first page only now. But sometimes....I get tempted to wander to page two and three....and then realize I am wasting my time. Oh...BTW the last post for sale on page 29 is dated 11-14-2007. If you hurry....your auto delete can be 7 months behind. How about an archive of for sale's? I know REE....I can turn the radio dial....I know I don't have to read them. Just commenting on how the nature of the board has gone from friends swapping and selling among respected friends to.....classified ads. Oh for the good old days...when times were bad.......
    Last edited by Gemrod; 07-12-2008 at 02:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread