+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fenwick "Streamer"

Default Fenwick "Streamer"

bought one for a pittance. 9' 2 piece, 5 wt. Any of youse fishing with one? Like I needed another rod...

just came in the mail. What a gorgeous rod! $40.00. Going to mate it with my Marryat CMR tonight and take it down to the river. I have several rods and the excitement of getting a new one is as good now as it was with my very first one. I love this sport.

Gardenfish, I bought mine in 96 on my way out of town, headed for Rock Creek Mt. fished it 4 days came home and it has remained my everyday rod. An old friend so to speak. I aspire to buy a new rod every year but always seem to spend my money somewhere else. If it ain't broke ya know. I suppose the day will come when I break down and buy another rod, but this one has 9 years of fish on it and still works for me. I used an old cortland reel on it for years until my brother gifted me a new Okuma.

------------------
    Cary Morlan

Living my dreams one day at a time
    Cary Morlan
    AKA Linemender
    Cheapest Guide in the Columbia Basin
    (For good reason)

Cary, thanks for the reply. That rod suits me just fine. I might be getting rid of my Cabela's PT. Maybe I should use the PT for a backup just in case something horrible happens to the Streamer.

I had one. Unfortunately, I managed to break it, I think it was probably a better rod than I realized it was when I was starting out.

Cary, ole' buddy. It's nice to see your post.
    Gardenfish,
    We've talk off the BB about your new stick, but I have to tell everyone else; my Streamer will pull a WF 6 sink tip out of the water like a freight train. It has turned into a better rod than it was when I bought it. (1991 I think)Maybe later.

------------------
    A free gift waits for those who ask.
    -----------------
    Lotech Joe

I know that Fenwick has gone thru some changes since the days when it was a topnotch rod company, but they've made some damn fine sticks.
    My cofi 5wt is the best rod I own, and the old feralite aint bad either.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Gardenfish,
    So where didja get " such a deal"?. I looked up the Fenwick website and couldn't find any rod for less than $109.00. My fishing dollars are spent mostly on WHERE I fish and not on WHAT I fish with so you got my attention with the $40 price.
    My kids get me the " good stuff" .

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Hey, lots of posts. Neat. I was looking at Ebay a couple weeks ago and saw a Fennic Streamer for sale. Of course, I knew that it was Fenwick. The rod looked new so I placed my bid. I really did not need another rod, but the high bid when I submitted mine was $17.00. I just could not believe it when the rod arrived. I had nailed a deal on a treasure. It is a good casting rod and it feels great in my hand.

I own 3 Fenwick rods and love them all ... maybe part in line with casting to the rods abilities rather than my own.
    Anyhow - 7 1/2' Eagle GT 4wt ... not much use for 4wts here - but on the Black Hills trip - I couldn't tell I was casting it was so smooth.
    I also (unexpectedly) picked up 2 others when I lost my 9wt (pls don't ask). Going to replace it - the store had some Fenwick Aspen series. I 2 of them up ('they were on clearance sale ... honest) a AF806 (8ft, 6wt) and a AF909 (9ft, 9wt) - total bill $150 before taxes. The 6wt is underlined with WF-5F line casts like silk. The 9wt - with 9wt line - carries just as well.

Fenwick may have gone through some changes - but I don't have any complaints.

+ Reply to Thread