This trade is for a fly tier that is also a waterfowl hunter. I am interested in trading a custom made pair of calls for an equivalent value in hand tied flies. I would make you a custom pair of calls - either a pair of duck calls (one single reed and one double reed call) or a duck call with a matching goose call. You select the blanks (from digital photos of the various types of woods available) and I will complete a set of calls for you. Last winter I completed a few trades on this forum with fly tiers and I am looking to add some more flies to my inventory for next year?s fishing season.

I basically make three types of calls - single reed Arkansas duck calls, double reed duck calls (with an insert) and short reed Canada goose calls. The woods that I use to make calls are all high quality exotic hardwoods. I make calls in African Blackwood, Cocobolo, various types of Ebonies, Maple Burl, Bloodwood, Ebony and a few spalted woods. Each call is somewhat "one of a kind" in that I don't use a duplicator and only turn out a small number of calls each winter.

If you have interest in a trade - email me at riuttafamily@sympatico.ca. I can email you pictures of some of my work to give you an example of what a set of calls would look like.