+ Reply to Thread

Thread: William Joseph J-Cam

Default William Joseph J-Cam

Anybody heard anything about the William Joseph J-Cam? It is tiny and looks perfect for carrying on the water.~Scott

------------------
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."
    "Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us."

Had to go surfing, to locate the J-Cam, found it interesting. Does not say if the camera is water-proof, or water-resistant?

[url=http://www.ezflyfish.com/wijoj.html:1b9bc]http://www.ezflyfish.com/wijoj.html[/url:1b9bc]

$39.00 seems a reasonable price for a camera that fits into a pocket, and takes digital pictures (300K Pixel).

~ Parnelli
    Chartered Member of "Friends of FAOL"!

Down in the meadow in a little bitty pool
    Swam three little fishies and a mama fishie too
    "Swim" said the mama fishie, "Swim if you can"
    And they swam and they swam all over the dam

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 21 July 2005).]

While being the furthest thing from either a photographer or expert; I'd say stay clear.

If a megapixel is a million pixels; what the heck is 300,000 pixels equal to: a 1/3 megapixel camera? You?ll also find with these cheapo cameras that the number of pictures you can take is very limited unless you like fuzzy grainy images. Of course that would allow you to say that the carp in the picture is in fact a 35? trout that just looks bad because the camera takes crummy pictures.

I also tried the inexpensive way out with a $25.00 digital camera from Wal*Mart and to say the pictures sucked would be an understatement. Save your $$$ and get a decent digital camera. If you feel water resistance is a requirement, the Pentax Optio WP is the way to go.

I too would stay away from this one. Perhaps unlike all other things, when it comes to digital cameras, if you can't afford good, DON'T BUY. Currently "good not great" costs around $200 and is about 3 mega p's .
    I have a SONY Cybershot 5 mp for about $300 .The aforementioned Pentax is also a nice toy. Megapixels are not everything but 1/3 of one as in the case of the J-Cam is not good unless you want postage stamp size pictures.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

+ Reply to Thread