Thank you to Google for giving me this site first!
I must admit ignorance in the world of fly fishing, so please pardon my novice attempt.

Over the holiday week-end I received a Bamboo Fly Rod that was my Gradfathers, an avid fly fisherman from the mid-west. It came to me from my father as an heirloom to be passed down, but without too much history other than, "I dont know what its worth....someone offered me $300.00 for it once..."

I know the rod the rod I have is one of 3 purchased in Nebraska by my Grandfather in the 1930's. It came to in me in a screw top metal rod case with a paper label "Wright and Mcgill, Denver, Colorado. Inside wrapped in a cloth satchel is the bamboo fly rod in a total of 4 sections, the handle, middle section, and 2 tips that appear to be of different heavyness, but the same length. To my surprise it does not appear to have been used, and includes to plastic wrapping around the cork, still intact. Just above the cork, is the signature Wright & McGill rod Co, Denver, CO. 1930.

Im sure there is much more information needed to give an accurate identification of what I have received, but if someone can give me some specific history or other questions to assit with please let me know.

As I am new to your site, I would like to include some pics that may assist in this histry lesson, but need a little instruction. Thank you for your assistance!