+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly fishing Southern California

Default Fly fishing Southern California

Ok,

I am taking my family to Southern California from December 28th till Jan 8th. I grew up in Newport Beach and if I wasnt surfing or doing other things in the water I could likely be found fishing the jetties or piers in the area. I never did any fresh water fishing at that time. Anyhow, now that I have taken up (in others words am addicted to )fly fishing everywhere I go the first thing to pop in my head is, where can I wet a line. So any ideas. We are going to be doing some day trips and possibly an overnighter to central california. We are going to be located in Newport Beach so I know Big Bear is close and am fairly familiar with surrounding areas. Please someone give me a decent place to fly fish that time of year (other than saltwater).

Thanks in advance

wireguy

Default Re: Fly fishing Southern California

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by wireguy1
    Ok,

I am taking my family to Southern California from December 28th till Jan 8th. I grew up in Newport Beach and if I wasnt surfing or doing other things in the water I could likely be found fishing the jetties or piers in the area. I never did any fresh water fishing at that time. Anyhow, now that I have taken up (in others words am addicted to )fly fishing everywhere I go the first thing to pop in my head is, where can I wet a line. So any ideas. We are going to be doing some day trips and possibly an overnighter to central california. We are going to be located in Newport Beach so I know Big Bear is close and am fairly familiar with surrounding areas. Please someone give me a decent place to fly fish that time of year (other than saltwater).

Thanks in advance

wireguy
    The lake will be frozen that time of the year. (usually) Unless we get some moisture the creeks are almost dried up.

That's why i'm moving to Colorado Monday.

Check your PM

+ Reply to Thread