+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Tying Classes

Default Fly Tying Classes

Again I want to thank all that have helped me with the equipment and materials for my fly tying classes. I held my fist tying class tonight. It went great a lot of interest. There were 7 of us. They all were thankful for the help of all of you that contributed. We will be haveing our classes on each monday evening for 3 hours for the next 6 weeks. I jusrt wanted to update all of you. Thanks again John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Glad to hear it went well. That's a very managable class for one person to teach. Keep teaching and having fun.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Thanks Joe, I do plan on keeping it up. As long as there are folks that want to learn I will do my best to teach them. John

John,

Having 7 in the class is good. I hold my classes with a limit of 6. That way I can position them around the table where they can all see well plus I can see what they are doing. You are going to have a lot of fun teaching your students. It is so much fun when you show them a technique as simple as palmering a hackle and hear them say "so that is how that is done!" It is just a very rewarding experience. In several of my classes I have had 10 and 12 year olds and they were like sponges! They were a joy to teach!

Enjoy yourself and if there is anything I can help you with, PM me and I will do whatever I can.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I do understand what you are saying Warren. It is a blast and fun to help teach others. The 7 did include me. and that is about what size I wanted my classes to be. I made sure that all in the class knew how much help I have had from the folks here on FAOL. My class ended up not just being young folks. Thanks for your help and support. John

John;
    I owe you some handouts for your class!! I completly forgot! This post unstuck my poor brain!
    I had copies made and I'll pick them up today and get them in the mail.

Thanks very much Jack, and thanks for all that you have done. I still owe Thank You Cards to everyone I will get them in the Mail Friday. John

A bit of an update. Jack, I did receive the handout, thanks so very much. I finally got the thank you notes and will put them in the mail today. Again thanks to all of you that have contributed to the swap. Thanks also to all of you that have things in the mail to me for the classes also. My thinks to all on this site that have helped. A special thanks also to JC and LF for this wonderful site that is so helpful to me and all of us and my students. John

+ Reply to Thread