+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Strike Indicators

I buy the little oblong-shaped styro floats at Sheel's, made for walleye fishing. They come in 2 sizes, very reasonable price, painted bright chartruse, yellow/orange, etc. Peg with small piece of toothpick.

No one has mentioned a Chernobel Ant, or BLT. They work great as indicators!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Everybody thanks for the great replies. I might have to try some Biostrike or the Orvis stuff. That sounds like it would work pretty well.

Hydlide

I'll stick with the Thills for the shallows and the Quick Release Indicators for the depths. I do a lot of chironomid fishing in the lakes.

For stillwater Chironomids I like the styro eggs with the plastic peg for quick release. They come in a lot of different sizes, easy to set on the line, quick release. Great for deep water nymphing at 20'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    For stillwater Chironomids I like the styro eggs with the plastic peg for quick release. They come in a lot of different sizes, easy to set on the line, quick release. Great for deep water nymphing at 20'.
    dang...you're my kind of girl!!!

You might want to try this little hint. If you use or tie your own knotted leaders paint each knot first with white then with a floresent, spelling, nail polish I prefer orange. Not only does it not interfere with your casting it also helps if you have to extend that leader out and go midging. Really helps you find that 26 Griffiths gnat thats 40 foot away.

Tom

Default balloons

I can't believe nobody has mentioned balloons yet . Since I first tried them , I haven't used anything else.

Hydlide..

PM me your address... I'll send you what I got..

I think I have 20 or 30 of those floats...I dont use them.. you can have them...

I have 2 sizes... there are white and round.. with the tooth picks (not sure how many pick I still have for them))...

By the way...

Taneycomo ROCK'S!!!
    I try to fish Taney whenever I can... 5-6 times a week

What about the sticker foam indicators?

I used biostrike but didnt like the residue it left on my leader. Is there an easy way to get it off? I switch between drys and nymphs in a day so that residue was annoying!

I do like using a large dry as the indicator.

+ Reply to Thread