+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injured my left arm

nighthawk Guest

Default Injured my left arm

When I went to the doc yesterday she diagnosed my left arm, off hand, as tennis elbow. I suspected as much as I have had it before. It's in the early stages right now. Doc thinks we can cure it with a tennis elbow brace and anti-inflammatory drugs. Have to take it easy on the elbow. Thankfully it isn't my casting elbow.

Doc feels the tennis elbow is from the repetitive motion of hitching and unhitching freight carts from my stand up warehouse tug. I don't know what caused it but I sure forgot how bad it hurts when you twist that arm a certain way. OOOUUUCCCHHH!!!

Good news is my B.P. was 104/60. Well, win some, lose some.

While tendonitis can be a problem, glad it is only that. I've had it and had success using a brace, doing what I though I should, not what I thought I could and keeping on the brace and with limited activity for a while after it felt better.

jed

As I have written before, I developed it while working in industry years ago. I had a right forearm like 'Popeye' until I could not hold a cup of coffee. Everything was tried with zero success. Surgery was performed (sooner would have been better) and fixed the problem. Some time with it in a cast and it is still okay. I still wish I had gone for the surgery sooner. It never bothers me in any way, ever.

nighthawk Guest

J.C.,
    I hear you there. I went to pick up a can of soda and it looked like I had a Popeye forearm. Burned like the dickens too.

Doc wants to try and avoid surgery. Those tugs have a twist throttle and you have to use one hand to pull the hitch pin. The tug wheels are solid and get flat spotted from sliding on the concrete floors. You really have to hang on tight when you are towing 15,000 lbs of freight with 3,200 lbs of tug.

Here is a picture of my "office":
    http://northamerica.yale.com/yna_produc ... trucks.asp

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk
    J.C.,
    I hear you there. I went to pick up a can of soda and it looked like I had a Popeye forearm. Burned like the dickens too.

Doc wants to try and avoid surgery. Those tugs have a twist throttle and you have to use one hand to pull the hitch pin. The tug wheels are solid and get flat spotted from sliding on the concrete floors. You really have to hang on tight when you are towing 15,000 lbs of freight with 3,200 lbs of tug.

Here is a picture of my "office":
    http://northamerica.yale.com/yna_produc ... trucks.asp
    Someone at the depot decided to replace the hinged hitch with pull pins. Not a good idea.

Hey Eric,
    I prefer to look at the bright side....if I take you out to eat THIS Christmas season, maybe you'll only be able to eat with ONE hand!
    Mike

ps: Hope it heals quickly & completely.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

Mike,
    Haa, Haa, my shoveling arm still works great! If all else fails I will just eat like that little kid, Randy, in the movie "A Christmas Story".

Let me know when you want to get together.

Lefty,
    I'll be in touch soon!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Best thing I have found for my elbow injuries from golf has been a "band-it" - can be found lots of places, and works great, much better than those inflatable braces.

Kewl office Eric. It looks like you sometimes push the envelope at 15,000#.
    Be safe and heal up.

+ Reply to Thread