+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook (Michael Sinclair)

Default Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook (Michael Sinclair)

For all of the other boo enthusiasts, I was recently on another forum in a discussion about Heddon ferrules and was responded to by Michael Sinclair, and in that thread, Michael announced that his book, "Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook", was going into reprint and would be re-released in a matter of a few weeks. For most of us, that is very welcome news, as that particular book is a wealth of information about many of the rods that we discuss on here often. I, for one, am very glad to see that book going into reprint. I guess the folks that are selling that same book right now for $175 and up are not too happy to see it, but cest la vie. thanks Michael Sinclair.!!

That is awesome news...And This time around I WILL have a copy of it myself...funny I can remember it selling in the cabela's catalog for 22 bucks just a couple years ago...and for it to have gotten that salty, That fast, Is amazing to me....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Oh happy happy joy joy! I dropped $100 for it last year! I tried to contact Sinclair at his Cane Clinic site to beg him to reprint. Guess he received other pleas for help from others too.

Default inflation, Supply and demand

Hey Jim, I know what you mean, I have seen them sell for significanlty higher than that too. I recently got another email from Mr. Sinclair, and in that email he stated that the books would be available around the first of December, but the price would be significanlty higher than the advertised price of $25 of a few years ago on first edition books. While the price is still higher, this book is a must for those that want to do restorations as it gives valuable detail of many of the rods we deal with and talk about on a day to day basis.

The contact information for the new book is Mr. Sinclairs email address for any of you that would like to contact him to order the book, or to gather more information about it. Hope this helps!!
    PaducahMichael@aol.com

Leo, do you know if this will be just a reprint or has he updated or added any information to the book?

Jim I don't really know, from his communications I think it is a reprint, but having said that, talk in some circles is that it is updated. I don't really know.

Leo

Default reprint

This is awesome news fellow's

I have communicated a little more with Mr Sinclair, and the book is scheduled to go on sale in the first of December. Inflation has taken it's toll, of course, and the price of the book is expected to be $75. I saw one on eBay go for well over $100 this week, and have seen them sell for over $200.

For all, and there are many, that are interested in restoring bamboo flyrods, and are interested in their history and who did what on which rod...this book is a must. Want to know what thread was used...what colors...ferrules, the whole thing. I already have my order placed and would be glad to pass along to any of you that want his contact information. I have absolutely no ties to this book or to Mr. Sinclair other than a tremendous amount of respect for the work that went into this book.

I'll echo what Leo says here. This is a great book, that must have taken a coon's age to compile. As exhaustive a listing of production rod components as you will ever find in one place. And chock full of great techniques. Just in time for Christmas AND the refinished blue collar rod swap. So mozy on over and order the book, then get your hands on a project rod and join us for the rod swap!

+ Reply to Thread