+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wading the ENO & NEUSE Rivers?????

Default Wading the ENO & NEUSE Rivers?????

I'll be in Raleigh next week and was wondering about wading the Eno or the Neuse. Any info would be welcome. Thanks - Rick.
    To Miss Nancy - She hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

I have never personally tried either one, but from what I have heard and read online and observed from driving by, the Eno is definately wadeable. It is a fairly rocky stream, small, with a fair population of sunfish. Not unlike a small trout stream, but filled with better fish The Neuse is deeper, murkier and dirtier, and potentially dangerous unless you have some local knowledge--I would definately stick with the Eno. I have meant to fish there, but I live in Greensboro and there is too much water around here.

Got the time to make it Stone Mountain? possibly going or coming?... was stocked 2 days ago i believe.
    Hey Russ... just down the road in Climax.

Do you have anywhere you like to fish in Guilford Co. or nearabouts? I may try Guilford-Macintosh this weekend, or maybe Cane Creek. I am looking for a non-powerboat lake with sufficient sight or surface targets to keep it interesting. I have given up on finding a stream or creek that is big enough to fish around here, though I hear that Reedy Fork Creek in the new Northeastern Park might be big enough.

Dont know about Guilford but I do hit the deep river around Randleman river park in Randolph County, and down around cedar falls at the old mill. There is an area you can park at each and wade mastly in randleman or canoe/kayak from decent spot to decent spot. Not the best fishing in the world but have nabed some decent smallmouth on the flyrod and lots of small sunfish types.
    Some good rocky riffles and a few spots with boulders. Maybe not the best for fishing but good practice for the drift, mend,etc if your in need of it like I am. Asheboro City lake is nice and quiet if you have acces to a canoe.... padle or small power only and easily coverd with a canoe.
    I havnt tried the ones you mentioned but explore the options!
    I did find that Stone Mtn state park would only be about 1 hour 40 mins depending on you location. I went there last Thursday and camped a couple of nights and fished for a day (All on my motorcycle which was cool). My driving time ffrom Climax was just under 2 hours and not a bad drive.

Well, send me your email and I will let you know how I did this weekend if I don't get rained out. If I do real well, I will let the whole list know, of course.

+ Reply to Thread