What is life if there is not laughter?
Welcome to the lighter side of flyfishing! We welcome your humorous stories here!
November 29th, 1999
From Fear of Fly Fishing
We really sincerely thank Jack Ohman for use permission.
If you like Jack's fly fishing humor, be sure to look for his new book,
GET THE NET! published by Willow Creek.
- KNOTLESS - State of fly-fishing nirvana.
- LEADER - Length of monofilament used to ease breaking off a fly by trout.
- LEECH - Friend who borrows flies and never buys any of his own.
- LINE - Exaggerated number of fish caught when relating fishing trip
to friends, as in "giving them a line."
- MANIPULATE - Purpose of fly-fishing advertising.
- MINNOW - See Fingerling.
- NET - What you're ready for after you've tied flies.
- PICKUP - Made scramble to retrieve flies after fly box is turned over
accidently in stream.
- POCKET WATER - The level to which the water reaches when you step
in a hole while wearing your hip boots.
- POLTERGEIST - See Trout.
- POUND TEST - The amount of effort you have to put into
deliberately busting off a fly.
- PRESENTATION - Formerly known as a good cast.
- PUMPING THE TROUT - A fly fisherman's only exercise.
- PUT AND TAKE - Destroying the village in order to save it.
~ Jack Ohman
[ HOME ]
[ Search ]
[ Contact FAOL ]
[ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice