What is life if there is not laughter?
Welcome to the lighter side of flyfishing! We welcome your stories here!
June 17th, 2002
Observations from Down Under
By Jo Foster, Wellington, NZ
- Pools are twice as deep as they look.
- Those who say take your children fishing don't have any and haven't met yours.
- Have absolute faith in your waders when fishing in winter.
- Trout can't tell the difference between male and female anglers.
- Men don't like having their ears pierced.
- You never appreciate your local waters until you move.
- Fish are always bigger before you see them.
- Vests are never big enough.
- Women's waders are made for whippets and modelled by anorexic in-patients.
- Dogs don't make great catches.
- Loose lips sink fishing trips.
- When people say, "It's easy to wade" make sure they are shorter than you.
- Just one more step is always one too many.
- If men gave birth, more women would be fishing.
- Your catches are always better when telling someone who wasn't there.
~ Jo Foster (jo).
Lighter Side Archive
[ HOME ]
[ Search ]
[ Contact FAOL ]
[ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice