This was a fly in "Hatches" magazine. The author uses it for trout. I have done well on panfish with it.
- Hook Size: 10 to 18
- Tail: Mottled feather barbs
- Abdomen: Dubbing of choice
- Optional: Wire rib on this.
- Thorax: Wire wrapped around hook shank.
- Wing case: Peacock
- Thorax: Same dubbing as abdomen
- Legs: Speckled as desired.
Step 1: Place bead head on hook and tie in tail.
Step 2: Wrap dubbing about ½ way up hook shank.
Step 3: Attach wire to wrap around shank under thorax.
Step 4: Wrap thread over peacock from bead head back to where abdomen is.
Step 5: Attach legs on each side.
Step 6: I wrap the front legs with thread forward up the hook a short distance. This helps the legs pointy forward.
Step 7: Dub the thorax over the thread wraps over the legs and then in front of the legs.
Step 8: Pull the wing case forward and tie off. This is another color.
For more great info, check out: