WHITE RIVER SPECIAL
This fly was designed by Bob Krause. He fishes it down and across and then strips it back. Bob has most of his success with the olive colored variety. An advantage of the White River Special over the standard wooly bugger is that it does not twist your tippet. Recently (Jan '09) Bob Jensen and Bob Krause were fishing the Norfork. They were trying everything, and being skunked. They switched to White River Specials and finished up with a great day!
- Hook - Any streamer hook, 2-3 extra long, size 12-16
- Bead - optional, to match hook size
- Thread - Red
- Tail - Marabou, Olive, brown or black
- Lead - Wrap to match size of hook
- Body - dubbed. Wapsi Rabbit or Awesome Possum, to match color of tail.
- Rib - Oval gold French tinsel, small or medium, to match hook size
- Head - 3 to 4 turns of hackle. Color to match tail
For more great info, check out: