WB's RRP - RED RIBBED PEACOCK
This is a pattern that I have fished in a lot of Montana waters with good luck. It can be tied from 14's down to 20's. I have fished it as a caddis emerger in 14's and as a midge pattern in 20's, it just produces.
- Hook: 14 Heavy Scud (Can be 14-20)
- Bead: MFC 7/64 Brass Bead Copper
- Thread: Black 6/0
- Rib: Red Ultra Wire / Small
- Overwrap: Clear Stretchy beading cord
- Thorax: Ice Dub / Peacock
1) After crushing barb and seating bead, chuck vise very tight.
(Allows for tight pull on over-body wrapping material)
2) Dress hook while over wrapping rib and over body material to secure them down.
3) Dress thread forward and half hitch behind bead to secure thread. Forward wrap red rib wire; tie off behind bead half hitch.
4.) Wrap forward clear stretch cord keeping 2 wraps between each rib.
5) Secure and clip off excess stretch cord. Dub in Ice dubbing sparsely over about 3" of thread. Dub in thorax and whip finish.
6) The finished WB's RRP
For more great info, check out: