No Worries Wee Grey May
Fly and photos by Mike Birdsong
Materials No Worries Wee Grey May
Thread: 8/0 or smaller to match body.
Body: CDC feather to match the hatch.
Wing: Same as body.
Tail: 3 to 4 strands of deer or elk hair
1. Start the thread.
2. Tie in 3 to 4 strands of deer or elk hair. I tie my tails in rather long to match the mayflies in my area.
3. Offer in a CDC feather tip pointed toward the eye of the hook.
4. Pull the CDC feather toward the rear of the hook and tie in as shown above.
5. Wrap the CDC to form the body of the fly, drop a few wraps to secure feather near the eye.
6. Fold the feather over to form a loop wing. Trim off the waste CDC feather below the thread wrap.
7. Add a drop of cement on the thread only and whip finish. Trim the CDC fibers even to the top of the wing loop.
Above is a row of "No Worries" all ready to become Mr. Trout's supper. ~ Mike Birdsong
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice