"1,000 Legged Worm"
By Richard Taylor
Materials 1,000 Legged Worm
Thread: Gudebrod@ - 6/0 - Dark Yellow.
Body: Chenille, bright yellow.
Legs: Dry fly hackle, Med. dyed dun, Size #18.
Coloring Pen: FabricMate@ - Chisel Tip - Brown (Pigment fabric dye - Permanent after 24 hrs.)
1. Place hook in vise and wrap thread front to back twice.
2. Tie in chenille at back, advance thread to the hook eye, wrap chenille to just behind hook eye and tie off.
3. Return thread to bend and tie in hackle, advance thread to hook eye, wrap hackle to just behind hook eye using two wraps of the hackle in each section and try to place it between the wraps of the chenille.
4. Tie off a small head of thread just behind the hook eye.
5. Scissor trim the hackle from the top and bottom of the fly so that the remaining hackle protrudes from only the sides creating the multiple legs.
6. Color the top of the trimmed chenille with the brown pen and a little bit down on each side.
The finished fly should approximate the size and coloring of the "1,000 Legged Worm" that I saw that day. ~ Dick Taylor aka Grn Mt Man
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice