Alpha - Omega
This fly is nice and easy to tie, which is important because when you're fishing for
steelhead you can easily loose 2 dozen flies a day. My fishing partner and I have
had good success with this fly the last couple of years that we've fished with it. The
reason I've named this fly Alpha-Omega is because it's the first fly I tie on when
I get to the river and the last I tie on before I call it a day.
- Hooks: Mustad 3906B or 7957BX (if you can still find them)
or any 1X long wet fly hook.
- Thread: To match body, 3/0.
- Underbody: Yarn your choice of color (remember, larva lace
is semi-tranparent so you can see the color of the yarn underneath.
- Body: Larva Lace or Swannundaze your choice of color.
- Thorax: : Meduim Chenille your choice of color.
- Hackle: Saddle hackle. Barred yellow, barred brown,
barred green, or grizzly your choice (I like barred saddle hackle especially for this fly).