1. We start with a Montana Fly Co hook #4 style 7099-GD. We
add the fluff from a dyed red chicken feather as the tail.
2. Next we add peacock herl for the rear body. I use three
or four strands of it wrapped with thread to add stability.
It makes up a quarter or third. The front portion is red
or orange yarn.
3. Next we add the dark furnace hackle color.
4. Now we apply the wing of grey squirrel tail. Over that and at the same
angle we apply a pair of jungle cock feathers.
5. Great pattern, try it! ~ Pete Hiatt, (Whopper Bubba)