Cheap Atlantic, lesson three, - Patriot Three
1. Select wing and size it.
2. Select and size the sides.
3. Apply tag and tie in tail.
4. Attach the tag veil. Note: you can tie this in before the tail too.
5. Apply butt, tie in the rib with the folded hackle by it's tip next to the rib, advance the thread in flat close turns binding the rib end along the rear of the hook.
6. Apply the rear segment of the floss as shown, trim waste and tie in the purple floss.
7. Apply purple floss as shown.
8. Advance the rib in five even turns ending well behind the eye of the hook. Tie off below the shank.
9. Advance the hackle close behind the rib with two or three turns at the eye trim the barbs on top.
10. Apply the Guinea throat as shown.
11. Set the wing and sides.
12. Potential cheek (Starling).
13. Potential cheek, in this case trimmed Guinea.
14. Flattening and twisting the feather shaft for the cheek.
15. Tie in the cheek.
16. Tie in second cheek feather.
17. Tie in the topping.
18. Tie in herl horns.
19. Finished fly.
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice