November 5th, 2006|
Chicken Gumbo Soup
Method - Chicken Gumbo Soup
2. Add salt, parsley, celery leaves and salt.
3. Cover, bring to a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and cook until chicken is tender, about an hour and a half.
4. Cool meat enough to handle. Strain the stock into another pot. Remove bones and fat from chicken, dice.
5. Combine stock, chicken meat and remaining ingredients in the saucepot. (If using canned okra, add it at the last five minutes before serving.)
6. Bring to a boil again, turn down heat and simmer 25 to 30 minutes until the rice and okra are tender.
7. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. If the soup seems too thick, add the chicken broth (canned or boxed) to thin to your taste. Will also thicken if refrigerated, keep the broth handy. Serves 8 or more.
Previous What's Cookin' Columns
If you would like to comment on this or any other article please feel free to post your views on the FAOL Bulletin Board!
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice