Mesquite Bean Pod
Body: 2mm Tan Foam
2. Now tie a half-hitch so the thread will stay put when you remove the hook from the vice.
3. Remove the hook from the vise and insert it in the middle of a piece of foam approximately 3/8" wide and 4-5" long.
4. After securing the vise back in the vice fold the foam over and use the thread to segment the body of the fly to represent multiple seeds.
5. Trim any excess foam and tie off.
6. (Optional) Paint the fly using either a yellow finger nail polish or enamel. This is to better match the color of a natural seed pod. However I have found about the same number of fish will take either.
Underbody: 2mm Olive Foam
Overbody: Light Green Woodland Scenics Foliage
2. Tie in a piece of foam in at the end of the hook and wrap forward to the front of the hook to secure it.
3. Now bend the foam over and wrap to the back of the hook.
4. Continue this process until you have 3-4 Layers of foam.
5. Trim any excess foam and wrap your thread to the back of the hook.
6. Cut a square piece of Foliage (Size depends on hook size) and wrap it around the foam body so it is covered.
7. Make several wraps forward to secure the Foliage and tie off.
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice