+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idiots in the river

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Byron haugh View Post
    State laws on the type of streams most of us fish on rule. It is never static. If you aren't careful, landowners who usually have a big presence in state legislatures often attempt to change the law to exclude recreational uses of rivers. Now, you have to admit that one cause of this are the thoughtless fishers who leave gates open, pollute and climb over fences and damage the same.
    The best way to protect open water is to be respectful of property and keep tabs on proposed changes to state laws regarding riparian laws..........
    I will agree that the cause of some landowners to attmept to change laws regarding access to rivers are thougtless people with little respect for property but I will also contend that some landowners are arogant, selfish asses and want to keep people out for their own personal reasons.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Stratton View Post
    I will agree that the cause of some landowners to attmept to change laws regarding access to rivers are thougtless people with little respect for property but I will also contend that some landowners are arogant, selfish asses and want to keep people out for their own personal reasons.
    That's why groups and individuals need to stay informed of any changes being proposed regarding river access. I did say "one cause" - not the only cause, but the one we can affect.

+ Reply to Thread