Thread: HARROP'S HENRY'S FORK CADDIS - Fly of the Week - July 5, 2010

Threaded View

Default Lost in the transmission ....

Quote Originally Posted by chewydog View Post
    Yeah, a link to the presentation tip would be nice...or maybe it shouldn't have been mentioned.
    A few weeks ago, Normand posted a tutorial that he had prepared for another site. He had the tying instructions printed on the photos for each step of the tying sequence.

Most of the FOTWs I've submitted have warranted rather lengthy tying instructions, way too much verbiage to include on the photos of the tying steps. Not the HHFC. Simple fly. Simple instructions.

The intent was to have only the opening and closing comments and a series of six photos. Something very different from my prior submissions. Unfortunately, the color that I chose, which looked great on my home computer while I was preparing the "presentation", got lost in the transmission, and the tying instructions are practically unreadable at least on a couple of the photos. Neil and / or Ron salvaged the presentation by adding the tying instructions for each step.

John

P.S. As far as a presentation tip goes, how about two of them. First, when you include the tying instructions on the photos for your next FOTW presentation, use black like Normand did, not that gaudy color I chose. Second, while I usually present this fly dead drift on top, the last fish I caught on the South Fork of the Snake before I moved to Montana was a big cutthroat that took it as a wet fly on a down and across swing.
    Last edited by JohnScott; 07-08-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    The fish are always right.