Thread: Macrophotography Trick

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Hi Luke. I like the black background myself. It looks much more professional. I have access to a Digital Nikon D-50, but I do not have a macro lens with it. I have Nikkor 70-300mm and Nikkor AF 28-80mm lenses. Did you use a macro lens or a regular lens? I have the same kind of lighted magnifyer as you.
    Bruce
    Bruce, I did not use a macro lens, just the 14-42mm Zuiko Digital lens that came with the camera. It is a little closer to a macro than your 28-80mm, but you'll notice in the above photo that I have the zoom almost all the way out. I'm not sure I can find a cup big enough for the 58mm lenses that I use, but maybe a soup container would work. I do plan on using the cup method with one of my old P&S cameras, but the other one has a lens that does not stick out from the camera, so that method will not work.

Hap, I am not trying to run down the cup method here, I plan on trying it myself. I was just presenting a way that I came across to provide good strong light and an under exposed background using available materials rather than purchasing $150 (LED120+) to $600 (SRF-11 Olympus ring flash) of professional grade lighting. I meant no dissrespect to you or the method you use. It is simply a different way of doing things. Luke
    Last edited by Luke McLeod; 03-07-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.