Mike,
Thanks for chiming in and the info. What is Scandi style? I know Skagit is supposed to be the easiest one to learn...and is a head like a 25' to 30' head. Then spey is the whole 120' line with a long belly. I have been told Scandi is just the same as Skagit but more finesse. You just used it not as a line designation but as a "style" of fishing. What is Scandi style fishing"

Forethbirds......I like that idea of doing some learning together. I just received my running line, float tip line, leader.....and three different Skagit head to try. I am supposed to pick my favorite and send the other two back....and pay for what I keep. Or send it all back and just pay the $3 plus change to send it back. From the redshed...."Poppy". I like the idea of getting to pick the line I like and send others back.

I will definitely take you up on the learning together over there. I hope I even get "first" right of refusal on that outing.....in other words yes, and hope to be the first in line with you.....but sometimes things come up and I can't make it. How about we boaf plan to attend the Spey O' Rama in San Francisco next April"

Jim