[QUOTE=NCVirginian;487355] I have only had one occassion when I was offended by someone keeping a fish and that was a guy who took a size 2 j hook and quite literally, and on purpose, snared a very pregnant large mouth that was no more than two feet from the shore trying to do whatever it is fish do in that situation. The truth of it is that I was more upset that he would even TRY to catch that fish the way he did. Just didn't seem very sporting to me. If he had caught her on a spinner that she devoured, I wouldn't have cared. [QUOTE]

I would have thought that was illegal. I get a copy of the weekly report from DNR here in GA. I have seen where people have been cited for similar behavior. I don't have an issue with taking bream off a bed but would refrain from any other species, unless I had a hungry family I was trying to feed and such tactics were necessary. Truthfully nowadays with the availability and relative low cost of digital cameras I would not keep a trophy bass. I felt guilty about killing the one fish I had mounted 20 years ago.