Most of the blogs and topics I have read on the internet keep talking about traditional Tenkara, but it seems they have been talking about modern day Tenkara in Japan as practiced by a few. I am sure tenkara will evolve the same as fly fishing as more people discover tenkara and continue to push the limits and try new things. As the materials that are used to build the rods and make the lines evolve so will the sport. My point of my post was really picked up by CM Stewart with his recent post on Tenkara Bum about rethinking rod choice (great read by the way). I may have been trying to Question Daniel's blog post about What is a Tenkara Rod. As Tom Kirkland from rod builder would say a rod blank is a rod blank. Take a so called fly rod blank and turn it into a spinning rod or casting rod. All blanks have different actions and stiffness. A cane pole could be a tenkara rod with say a 9:1 action. A so called tango rod could be a 4:6 or 3:7 tenkara rod. I can understand why TUSA posted the blog they did, because they sell rods for Tenkara type fishing. All in all I have gotten great responses here and on TUSA forums. Have fun fishing what ever way you decide to do even if it be noodling.

Mike P.