Thread: What are the benefits??

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by aged_sage View Post
    Kaboom...

CONGRATULATIONS! I think I DO know what I am doing! I did NOT say it was impossible! My comment was made for the benefit of those who have no familiarity with rope making and tops; or their use.

FYI, I do know what I am doing, and I definitely know the solution to the problem. For your edification, there are two other respected members here, both of whom you know and one of whom you have had personal correspondence with on certain aspects of this matter, and who also had the problem of getting a tight furl all the way to the butt end. I take full responsibility for coming up with the extender idea, which does work quite well, thank you. No muss; no fuss! The other two have adopted that approach.

I am fully cognizant of how to solve the situation in the simplest possible way; but, that too has it's own problems that many will not figure out how to circumvent. It all has to do with top size. As it was much simpler, and faster, to add the extenders, I opted to go this route. It was one of the other two who came up with the type top that I use, and it was very fast and simple to put together. Thus, what I spoke to is the collective results of the three of us tackling the same problems at the same time, and our 'common' solution.

Cheers!
    Frank

Brandon...

As you have only seen photos of my board, I fail to see how you can make the statement you did without actually seeing it in operation with the components that I use. I feel quite confident that if you were to give it a try on my board, you would definitely change your position.

Absent the extenders, and with the top that I use, I still have a good three inches of butt end to furl when the top comes to a dead stop against my furling hooks! Yes, it can be furled, but it is sloppy as all get out! I know at least one, and possible two, fellow furlers who would unequivocally confirm that statement.

Cheers,
    Frank
    Frank

You will have to speak slower, and use smaller words for me to understand you.

As for finishing the furl after taking the leafer off of the hooks, simply twist the leader with your thumb and index finger until the leader is finished. Simple....

No one has appointed you God of the furlers and you seem to add nothing to any discussion but trying to prove how superior you are to everyone else. I will now take my leave and wish all of you good luck in your furling.

Buy the way, I probably furled more leaders this past weekend than you have done in your lifetime, I really do know what I am doing!!

Good Day Sir
    Last edited by Kaboom1; 05-20-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields