Thread: New birds

Threaded View

Migrating warblers, etc.are pushing through here daily. My resident Orioles came from out of nowhere to oranges placed on my deck an hour earlier last Sunday. 1st time I've seen time this year. I took down my finch feeders to move them out to my backyard as I put up my hummer feeders. The finch feeders sat on a table forgotten, during the storms this week, until my wife called me this afternoon, to watch a male Rosebreasted Grosbeck on our table feeding on the overturned feeders.

I went out to the deck to furl some Tenkara lines to take West, when we go in a week or so. As I was running the threads around the pegs, I listened to the scolds of both a male and female Baltimore Oriole fluttering around the nearby trees. I decided running my drill could wait till they were done eating.

My wife tells people we have a great marriage after we retired because: She bought me a set of Binoculars and a field guide and got me into birding. I bought her a fly rod and taught her to fly fish. (I also use that as an excuse to buy more tying supplies- tying for two now(:>))
    Last edited by Kytroutbum; 05-03-2014 at 01:28 AM.